Friday, November 2, 2007

The Black Plague

This illness is never gonna leave us alone! Savannah is now sick with it. I thought she got it a little the first time...not that having it once is enough in our family. We have the Black Plague at our house. I really feel like crying as I'm typing. I don't know wether to laugh or cry. It's been 3 weeks of this nasty thing. Savannah has been so brave and down right detemined to not let it get her down. Five minutes after throwing up she is bouncing around the living room happy as can be. She is my hero....I did not feel like bouncing at any point! I guess the most challenging part of her being sick is she doesn't understand to throw up in a designated area like a bucket, or a toilet. I'm the meanest mom shoving her head down over this bucket and saying "Its okay honey, mommy's here" as she is forcefully trying to push the bucket away. Meanwhile I am having dizzy spells (I feel like an old woman saying it like that). I pretty much always have a low blood count but its a little more pronounced when I'm pregnant....and even more pronounced when I've been up all night with a two year old. I almost passed out in Super 1 today, I think I scared the cashier to death....poor woman. She helped me to a bench and got me a cool compress. I felt so stupid. And there is Savannah crying in the store worried about me when she is the one throwing up all day. So today I have a great respect and love for mothers all over the world. My mom is amazing I can't even touch the amount of times shes battled the ugly world of sick children. I woke up today feeling very much in awe of her. How did she do it? Then she says to me...." thats just what you do...you do what you have to for your kids because you love them, theres just no question."

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness Rachel, that is terrible! I'm so sorry that you've had to go through this. I hope that this will really be the end of it, and you can all go back to your normal, non-sick lives.
And, I totally agree...you never really have much respect for what your mom did for you until you find yourself doing it for your own kids.
And I understand about kids not knowing to throw up in the toilet or a bowl or something. Matthew is absolutely refuses to throw up in the designated bowl, and it turns into me literally chasing him around the house saying "throw up in the bowl, come back to mama and throw up in the bowl" He usually ends up throwing up all over the carpet, and makes an even bigger messes because he's trying to get away from me when he's doing it. Now that I think about it, it must really be a comical scene...me chasing a sick little kid around the house with a big bowl...but it's not funny at the time...
Anyways, I hope that you get better and everyone in your family gets better, and make sure that you take care of yourself. I wish I lived closer so that I could actually be of some help.
Sorry I blab so much on your blog.

Heather said...

oh, and sorry about the typos...

Rachel said...

Don't be sorry to blab...I think we both have blabbing talent. Thanks for your validation I think really what I need anyway. I just feel picked on. There are worse things in the world but I'm so busy with this I can't think of them right now. hahah I hope its over soon. Savannah didn't throw up today. The first two days she did. But maybe we're over that part now. She still has diarrhea which is making her bum super sore. We have been spending lots of time in the tub. My hands are actually cracking because of all the hand washing, diaper changing, laundry doing, and bathing going on. Apparently you can be too clean. I need to wear rubber gloves then it would be fine. But they bug me. I hate them unless I'm cleaning the bathroom.
...see blab, blab, blab

dippyrooroo said...

Oh no. I'm just so sorry. I thought it was finally over! Don't be afraid to call!