Thursday, November 6, 2008
It has done a good job for us over the last couple years. It has kept out milk cold and our ketchup frozen. It has endured our squeezing and squishing everything inside it just to get the door closed. It was brave when it was time to defrost the shoe-box size freezer. At which time I would literally hammer and pick the ice inside to make the process go faster. It has been the best it can be.
This is our new fridge.
Let me tell you all of its amazing features. First please notice that all the stuff in the new fridge was packed tight in the old fridge! I got it all in there and was like "I have to go shopping we have nothing to eat! It has a place for all of the condiments. It has ample room for 2 jugs of milk and with even more room for juice! I can put my butter in the door along with who knows what else! A bin for meat/cheese items. And then 2 bins for produce of all sorts! But the absolute best part..... is
The Freezer! We have a freezer. I had to go buy a huge thing of ice cream just to feel the joy of putting it in there.
See how excited Savannah is? This is a big deal at the Stanek house!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
"Oh you chitty chitty bang bang! Chitty Chitty bang bang we love you! Bang bang Chitty Chitty bang bang our fine four fendered friend!" Thats how we fell about you wagon! I love that movie! And the soundtrack is one of a kind "Truly Scruptious", "You're my little Teddy bear"
Has anyone seen that movie?? I give it 5 stars!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
So my 7 random facts about myself are....
1. I encourage myself to lose weight and have a healthy lifestyle with a sticker chart much like my daughters potty chart. At the end of the day if I have followed in pursuit of the goals I have set which are 1. Eat all meals before 6pm 2. Drink half the recommended amount of water per day (because I am having reasonable expectations of myself and will work up to 8 cups eventually) 3. Write in my journal at least weekly about my life and my progress 4. Work out 5 days a week 3 of them are areobic and 2 are strength training. 5. Eat at the kitchen table, then I get to have my sticker. It has been strangely motivating....and when I don't get a sticker at the end of the day I've committed to not have an all or nothing attitude and try again the next day.
2. I am one of a kind... I have no whole brothers or sisters. But I have 4 half brothers, 4 Step brothers, 3 half sisters, and 1 step sister. Crazy huh! For the record though the 3 brothers I was raised with I don't think of as half brothers....they're my brothers through and through!
3. I involuntarily squeal when I'm excited. During my childhood my mom noticed that when I was watching an exciting part in a movie or about to go do something fun, Christmas it happened a lot, I would let out this squeal of excitment. As an adult I have been able to control it a little better. When I feel it coming on and I'm in a place where its not quite appropriate like Church, or in the grocery store...I can make myself squeal on the inside rather than letting it out audibly.
4. I rub/itc the right side of my forehead/eyebrow with the palm of my hand when I'm frusterated, overstimulated, or tired. Its one of my "tells"!
5. My favorite kind of jokes are PON (Play On Words)jokes, according to my husband, he discovered he consistently gets a laugh out of me with this kind of joke.
6. I get road rage at slow drivers. I can be in a perfectly lovely mood but if I come aross someone who is going slower than the speed limit I feel deep deep anger at them! Then I go on a tirade (in my head) and what I would say to them if I had the chance. I've imagined even fashioning a sign to look very much like a speed limit sign with a popscicle stick handle to have in my car and shake at them as I pass by....once I can finally pass them.....curse you 2 lane highway!
7. I hate forwards in email. They are a waste of time and effort...I have dial-up internet so if I'm going to take the time to wait for a page to load, it better be good, it better be something that someone wrote to me for me.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
BrynneKelsie & Lauren
EllaWhy all the pictures you ask??? Because they wouldn't hold still for the group picture and because I'm nuts!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Monday, September 1, 2008
They also had their very first bath together and it was quite an event. Savannah was so excited to have a buddy in the tub with her. Chase wasn't quite prepared for her enthusiasm but as often is the case he tried his best to be a good sport as she squealed and splashed. Adorable!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
Chase, my sweet boy, was smiley and happy and more than willing to cooperate during the picture process too. He did a great job! I really was expecting more of a struggle with him but again the picture taking process was good...
So we went and had lunch after....the studio requested a few minutes to get everything ready to show us. When we got back there were people everwhere. Standing room only. Okay maybe thats an exaggeration. So we wait another 45 minutes (that is not an exaggeration) in this little tiny waiting room with 3 other families. My stroller is constantly in the way because Savannah is trying to take it for a walk. And my son is ready for a nap and I'm thinking I'm gonna leave... you people suck. But I didn't want to do that because its not like I can just run back over when its convenient. Its an hour drive from Hamilton. Not to mention the whole reason we went was to give a picture to Daddy for Fathers Day and that wasn't going to happen if I left. So I stayed.
Sigh.... Then Savannah started to meet the people. I like to call it "Running for Mayor" because she turns on this charm and will not relent until they have been charmed. Which they all think is really cute and stuff but it makes me crazy sometimes. The waiting room of Sears portrait studio is more like a very small section of the store. There are no doors to close to contain my 2 and half year old. Across the way is the infant section of the store where Savannah thinks it would be nice to go shopping. And there is also an exit to the parking lot right next to where I'm sitting. So people are walking in and out of this door all the time. She is welcoming these people in, she even gave a couple little girls a hug just for visiting sears that day!
Her crowning achievement was when a family with a little almost 2 yr old boy came in and his daddy was in a wheel chair. And Savannah made fast friends with them by playing ring around the rosy circling the wheel chair. They went in to take their pictures. in the adjoining room....again no doors....nothing is holding her back. And of course she is curious. So she peeks in and I'm telling her "Its there turn to take pictures now, you need to stay right there." Okay Mamma is her reply and she seems content just to peek in. And by this time the stinking sales lady is ready to talk to me about our pictures...so I'm doing the head bob trying to give my attention to both events. Savannah really was a good girls for most of it... I'm just relating the "social" encounters she had. So after a while I feel confident she is going to stay still and just watch. As I'm making my final selections I hear this "Vanna's turn now!" (she calls herself Vanna...Savannah is hard to say) and she climbs over the daddy in the wheelchair past the photographer and parks herself right next to that little boy in the middle of taking pictures. What can I say...they all thought it was hilarious...so no harm no foul. But I sure was happy to have everyone in their carseats and driving home.