Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Very Merry Christmas

We were most blessed this Christmas. The only thing that would have made it better is if it had snowed...but you can't have everything. Savannah had lots of fun this Christmas and is now really good at ripping wrapping paper. Joe wins the award for being more childlike than his daughter as he woke me up numerous times on Christmas Eve to see if we could open presents yet! Bless his heart I love him. Savannah had a hard time that night she was over tired and over stimulated so neither she or I got very restful sleep until after about 2:30am. And I don't know what time I finally fell asleep after that. But Joe boy he was ready to go. Finally at about 8am I decided he wasn't gonna let me rest until we opened presents. So he went in and woke Savannah up and led her into the living room. At first she wasn't sure what to do cuz we had been telling her to leave presents alone now for a couple weeks (the ones I had wrapped under the tree for family) and all the sudden it was okay to rip into them. We had more fun watching her open presents than we did with our own....its fun to be a parent.

Savannah is seen here playing with her Geo Trax train set that daddy helped her build....hours of fun! She also got a baby doll to get her ready for her new baby brother that will be here in about a month! As you can see these pictures are only a day old and thats because I got a digital camera for Christmas from my parents! I feel extremely spoiled this year because I also got a new dishwasher and my own set of tools as Joe has scattered my former set of tools to the four winds. And let us not forget a new washer and dryer. What else can a girl want? I feel very very blessed and grateful. Joe got his "Gigantor" star wars Lego set that I forgot to take a picture of but is very impressive. So I'll post one next time....it is actually motorized and walks around.
We hope you all had a merry and bright Christmas too!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yay!! I'm so happy that you got a digital camera...it makes blogging easier, doesn't it? We bought one last year with our tax return, and it has saved us money in the long run. Makes you wonder how we ever lived without them.
Your Christmas tree looked beautiful!
We got Matthew a geo trax train set last year for Christmas, and it's still one of his favorite toys..I love the fact that even though it takes batteries, you can also go "battery free" and everything still works mechanically, and he still has fun with it.
I also really like the kids' room. If only we could all paint beautiful murals on our walls...
Well, hope you had a merry Christmas (it sounds like you did!) and that you have a wonderful new year!